lørdag den 12. november 2011

Enigma

My beloved mystery has left my side. Hopefully to be at a better place.

3. April 2005 - 21. Oktober 2011
After almost 2 years with behavior issues, it was a tough decision to let her go.
She was a great companion for 6½ year and she will always have a special place in my heart.

I have taken her to several vets a dusin times to figure out what the problem was; why did she often pee outside the litterbox? Dirty, clean, it didn't matter. Why did she in periods become aggressive and lash out for no reason at Felina? Why did she seek solitude most of the time. Why did being neutered not stop the peeing?
No vet seemed to be able to find anything physically wrong with her, but at her last visit, a theory came up.
The new vet told me that he suspected all the problems could have been caused by a small bleed in her brain. It would cause the sudden behavior and personality change. But nothing more could be done by now.
He told me I had made the right decision but I still cried my eyes out. 
I caressed her and stroke her soft fur even after her heart stopped beating. It was too hard to really let her go.
Jonas brought her out to the house and buried her in the garden for me.
Now she lies under the big apple tree. It's soothing to know she's still close even though she's not really there.

So this is why I currently only have one cat..

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar